THEY MOTIVATE STUDENT TO LEARN
- Games enable us to do that, as they quickly cultivate knowledge and equip us with the skills to progress
- Games allow the learner to experience time flow
STRUCTURED SIMULATIONS AND MODELS
- Game offer digital simulation and models to help better explain concepts that are complex
- Though the use of games, the information comes alive in interesting ways to better facilitate the students learning experience.
LEARN FROM MISTAKE
- In games, feedback is immediate and any negative consequence from mistake made will not impact real world.
- Through based-game learning, people are able to recognize mistake almost immediately through the feedback that is provided, and are in position to fix them much more quickly.
LEARN BY DOING
- Games provide experiential learning that allow an authentic learning experience.
- By actually performing in games simulations, people learn from a full, holistic experience of learning as everything is taking place in real time.
- Through the practice and experience in games, the learner gains some useful experience on how to do rather than what to do.
LEARNING IS PROGRESSIVE
- Games create a learning environment where is key-not winning race.
- Games provide knowledge, from basic to more complex knowledge, where students finish each game level, making tasks progressively challenging.