Researchers Choi Sang Long and Wan Ismail from University Teknologi Malaysia surveyed (study published in 2010) HR professional using HR guru Dave Ulrich’s “Four Roles” model of HR :
1. Strategic partner
2. Administrative expert
3. Employee champion and
4. Change agent
5. They found that HR professionals are still especially weak in the roles of strategic partner and change agent.
COMPANIES WITH HIGH IMPACT HR
1. 2x better at minimising operating costs
2. 2.5x more able to market changes faster
3. 2x more efficient at miximising business processes
4. 1.4x more likely to beat the competition
5. 2.4x better at creating new products / services quickly
6. 1.3x more responsive to customer needs
Daniel Russell, Director of human capital with Deloitte Consulting Malaysia.